5. Expectation: This is your idea of a “working writer.”
Reality: You’ve written something that is in fact completely confusing. And now you have to revise for, like, a million years.
15. Expectation: Your daydreams of sharing your work at literary salons or at readings look like this.
17. Expectation: You are going to be the voice of your generation.
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."