7 Beauty Looks Inspired By Wes Anderson Heroines
For everyone whose style muse has always been a Tenenbaum.
1. Suzy Bishop from Moonrise Kingdom
Suzy's look is exactly what a young girl trying out makeup would create. She's got naturally thick hair, and might use some more youthful products (like a tasty strawberry lip balm), but her eyes are very grown-up with intense jade eyeshadow.
1. Mane 'n Tail and Body Original Shampoo, $2.99, Walgreen's.
2. Klorane Leave-In Spray with Flax Fiber, $16, Birchbox.
3. CoverGirl Queen Collection Vivid Impact Eyeliner in "Jade", $5.99, drugstore.com.
4. Bare Minerals Eye Color in "Bamboo", $14, Sephora.
5. Benefit They're Real Mascara Mini, $12, Ulta.
6. Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm, $5.59, beauty.com.
7. 6-Pack Daisy Hair Clips, $5.99, Tilly's.
2. Margot Tenenbaum from The Royal Tenenbaums
Margot's signature look also balances youth (plastic Goody hair clips) with maturity (super thick black liner). She'd probably use a sunscreen to keep her pale complexion, and then just a hint of color on the lips.
1. Goody Hair Barrettes, $4.99, folica.com.
2. Stila Smudge Crayon Waterproof Eyeliner, $15, stila.com.
3. J Beverly Hills Crazy Straight Straightening Style Lotion, $19, drugstore.com.
4. Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer SPF 15, $16.08, soap.com.
5. Tonymoly Kiss Lover Lipstick in "Cappuccino", $12, Urban Outfitters.
6. Shiseido Translucent Pressed Powder, $32, Sephora.
3. Agatha from The Grand Budapest Hotel
Sweet Agatha the baker would use products that smell so good, you'd want to taste them. A good hairspray would keep those pretty Heidi braids in place, while an eyebrow kit would help make those perfect brows stay bold.
1. Sephora Herbal Rose Blotting Papers, $8, Sephora.
2. Nivea Cacao Body Milk, $16.50, smallflower.com.
3. Benefit Brow Zings, $32, Sephora.
4. Patisserie De Bain Lemon Bon Bon Lip Balm, $5, Asos.
5. Dove Style and Care Hairspray, $6.11, drugstore.com.
6. Macaron Rosé Eau de Parfum, $18, Urban Outfitters.
4. Rosemary Cross from Rushmore
Rosemary's a natural beauty and probably wouldn't use much on her face — just a dewy beauty balm and some gel blush for a rosy glow. Her signature hairstyle is interesting — a scrunchie with two hair clips on the sides of her head.
5. Rita from The Darjeeling Limited
Rita, the train stewardess who is both innocent and mysterious, wears thick kohl eyeliner paired with a silky blue shadow. Moisturize with a fragrant facial oil and get soft, subtle curls with a leave-in cream.
1. Pure Luxe Apothecary Argan & Rosehip Face Oil, $20, Urban Outfitters.
2. Sephora Colorful Shadow and Liner in "Turquoise", $14, Sephora.
3. NYX Noir Kohl Kajal Black Liner, $5.99, Ulta.
4. Stila "Stay All Day" Volumizing Waterproof Mascara, $22, Nordstrom.
5. L'Occitane Lime Shea Butter Hand Cream, $12, L'Occitane.
6. Briogeo Curl Charisma Leave-In Creme, $18, Birchbox.
6. Natalie Portman (no character name) in Hotel Chevalier
We don't know the name of the character Natalie Portman plays in the short film Hotel Chevalier, nor do we know much about her. But some French products would be fitting, as the film takes place in Paris. She sports a subtle brown smokey eye and classic red nail polish.
1. Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Foundation, $45, Nordstrom.
2. Embryolisse Lait Crème Concentré Nourishing Moisturiser, $14.60, beautybay.com.
3. Butter London "Come to Bed Red" Nail Lacquer, $15, dermstore.com.
4. Kiehl's Mint Lip Balm, $9, Neiman Marcus.
5. Murray's Hair Pomade, $3.94, Amazon.
6. Bobbi Brown "Bobbi's Browns Eye Palette", $45, Sephora.
7. Jane Winslett-Richardson from The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
Reporter Jane is a no-fuss, natural beauty — just some sheer color on the lips and a bit of bronzer to get that glow. Then, throw in some sea-inspired hair and body products to relive life aboard the Belafonte.