Here, some ideas from the 1930s-1970s on what we’d be wearing today. All I can say is: WTFFFFFF????
2. This 1960s knitted knickerbocker suit was called “Year 2000.” I guess I could see this being sold for a fortune at Barneys.
6. Pierre Cardin had some weird ideas about the direction of style in the 1960s. Looks like he really hoped everyone would be wearing space suits in the coming years.
8. A 1969 swimming suit paired with…a swimming helmet?!
9. Pierre Cardin’s nurses of the future, circa 1970.
11. 1962’s “Bathing Suit for the Year 2000.”
13. This 1970s creation at least involves an environmentally friendly commuting method?
14. I don’t even know. Here’s what Getty Images says: “Arsenal’s Peter Storey wearing a ‘kit for the future’ at Highbury.”
15. In the 1960s, someone decided to predict what car hops of the future would wear. Little did they know that car hops would become pretty much obsolete. Oops.
- DNC Day 2: Bill Clinton took the crowd down memory lane, and then Hillary broke through a virtual glass ceiling 💥
- An Australian teen who was subjected to detention abuse has written a letter thanking the public for its support.
- 🍎📉: Apple's business is declining due to slowing iPhone sales, but the company is still making a ton of money.