1. Shoveling snow in the Tuileries in 1919 must have been a real bitch.
2. This is the 1919 French version of a snow plow.
3. It’s actually a tank!
4. Here’s a snowy Place de la Concorde in 1919.
5. The Champs-Elysées around 1910. It looks so uncharacteristically quiet.
6. Winter playtime in the Luxembourg Gardens in 1919.
7. Tire tracks on a cool-looking Boulevard Edgar Quinet.
8. The Luxembourg Gardens look kind of creepy without a soul and covered in snow.
9. A classic view, completely deserted. Nevertheless, I’d like to go to there.
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- French towns are still enforcing the burkini ban on Muslim women despite the country's highest court ruling the ban illegal.
- As Hillary Clinton denounced the alt-right in a blistering speech, the movement is more famous than ever.