5. Here, a sign of Disney’s presence in Moscow. Interestingly, around this time in the U.S., a proposal was being made to create a Soviet Union Pavilion in Disney World’s Epcot Center. It never happened.
7. Pizza Hut also came to Russia in 1990.
10. So much America going on right here.
All pics via vintage.es. Head over there to check out lots more!
- Around 100 people drowned this past weekend after two migrant vessels went down in the Mediterranean sea.
- People trolled the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency for tweeting elements of the historic Osama bin Laden raid in Pakistan five years ago.
- And elephants performed for the last time at Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey after years of protest from animal advocates 🐘