The Morgan Library in New York has apparently acquired nine previously unseen letters between author J.D. Salinger and a pretty, twentysomething fan named Marjorie Sheard. Posted between 1941 and 1943, the details of the letters can be read about in The New York Times (they did not post the letters in their entirety; you’ll have to head over to the Morgan to see them yourself). But here, some of the saucy excerpts, which give you a better idea of J.D.’s suave man style.
1. Get right to the point.
2. Ask the right questions.
3. Be confident in your hotness.
4. Show your sensitive artist side. You’re not materialistic.
5. Throw in a probably made-up story to make her jealous.
6. Tell her she’s special.
7. Emphasize your genius…but be humble about it. This will rope her in for sure.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign manager accused Russia of backing a leak of Democratic party emails to secretly help Trump's presidential chances.
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.