The Morgan Library in New York has apparently acquired nine previously unseen letters between author J.D. Salinger and a pretty, twentysomething fan named Marjorie Sheard. Posted between 1941 and 1943, the details of the letters can be read about in The New York Times (they did not post the letters in their entirety; you’ll have to head over to the Morgan to see them yourself). But here, some of the saucy excerpts, which give you a better idea of J.D.’s suave man style.
1. Get right to the point.
2. Ask the right questions.
3. Be confident in your hotness.
4. Show your sensitive artist side. You’re not materialistic.
5. Throw in a probably made-up story to make her jealous.
6. Tell her she’s special.
7. Emphasize your genius…but be humble about it. This will rope her in for sure.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰