2. When Minnie Mouse looked like this in 1933.
5. When Donald Duck promoted condoms during WWII.
“Pro” being short for prophylactic.
6. And when he did it again in the ’60s.
Here he is in a Disney PSA about contraception and family planning.
7. When Mickey Mouse decorated childrens’ gas masks during WWII.
8. Also during WW2, Disney produced several war propaganda films, like Education for Death.
These were terrifying.
10. When Disney produced a video for young women in 1946 called The Story of Menstruation.
13. When Disney put the unabashedly racist song “What Makes the Red Man Red” in Peter Pan.
14. And when they made the same mistake in Pocahontas with the song “Savages,” some 40 years later.
17. And when a naked woman supposedly showed up in the background of The Rescuers.
- A state of emergency was declared in Baghdad as protesters breached the fortified "Green Zone," home to most ministries and embassies in the city.
- Daniel J. Berrigan, an American priest and poet famous for leading anti-Vietnam War protests, has died at the age 94.
- U.S. President Barack Obama zinged the media and presidential contenders before dropping the mic at his final White House Correspondents' Dinner 🇺🇸