2. When Minnie Mouse looked like this in 1933.
5. When Donald Duck promoted condoms during WWII.
“Pro” being short for prophylactic.
6. And when he did it again in the ’60s.
Here he is in a Disney PSA about contraception and family planning.
7. When Mickey Mouse decorated childrens’ gas masks during WWII.
8. Also during WW2, Disney produced several war propaganda films, like Education for Death.
These were terrifying.
10. When Disney produced a video for young women in 1946 called The Story of Menstruation.
13. When Disney put the unabashedly racist song “What Makes the Red Man Red” in Peter Pan.
14. And when they made the same mistake in Pocahontas with the song “Savages,” some 40 years later.
17. And when a naked woman supposedly showed up in the background of The Rescuers.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰