2. When Minnie Mouse looked like this in 1933.
5. When Donald Duck promoted condoms during WWII.
“Pro” being short for prophylactic.
6. And when he did it again in the ’60s.
Here he is in a Disney PSA about contraception and family planning.
7. When Mickey Mouse decorated childrens’ gas masks during WWII.
8. Also during WW2, Disney produced several war propaganda films, like Education for Death.
These were terrifying.
10. When Disney produced a video for young women in 1946 called The Story of Menstruation.
13. When Disney put the unabashedly racist song “What Makes the Red Man Red” in Peter Pan.
14. And when they made the same mistake in Pocahontas with the song “Savages,” some 40 years later.
17. And when a naked woman supposedly showed up in the background of The Rescuers.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.