1. A shot captured in 1912 shows Florence LaDue and her fancy lasso skills.
2. Ethelyn Dectreaux, a rodeo rider, in 1935.
3. Roper Jane Burmudy makes a lasso dance in 1912.
4. 1945: Actress and rodeo champ Betty Miles poses for an epic pic.
5. Mildred Douglas Chrisman, an early cowgirl and stunt woman, rides a bull like a boss in 1930.
6. Famed rodeo horsewoman Mabel Strickland in 1925.
7. 1930s rodeo gals.
8. 1920s Hollywood gave the American cowgirl a slightly more glam look as seen on actress Dale Evans.
9. In 1949, actors Wayne Burson and Wendy Waldron pose on set.
10. And Judy Garland embodying a cowgirl is just too good.
11. An 1890 publicity photo for one of America’s greatest cowgirls, Annie Oakley.
12. Woman’s best friend in 1940.
13. My kind of lady, circa 1912.
14. Look, ma! No hands.
15. Rockin’ cowgirl style in the ’50s before Madonna made it cool. Yee haw, indeed.
- The man suspected of shooting and killing five people in a Washington mall is now in custody, officials said.
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.
- Kim Kardashian said she is voting for Hillary Clinton after being quoted saying she was "on the fence."