1. A shot captured in 1912 shows Florence LaDue and her fancy lasso skills.
2. Ethelyn Dectreaux, a rodeo rider, in 1935.
3. Roper Jane Burmudy makes a lasso dance in 1912.
4. 1945: Actress and rodeo champ Betty Miles poses for an epic pic.
5. Mildred Douglas Chrisman, an early cowgirl and stunt woman, rides a bull like a boss in 1930.
6. Famed rodeo horsewoman Mabel Strickland in 1925.
7. 1930s rodeo gals.
8. 1920s Hollywood gave the American cowgirl a slightly more glam look as seen on actress Dale Evans.
9. In 1949, actors Wayne Burson and Wendy Waldron pose on set.
10. And Judy Garland embodying a cowgirl is just too good.
11. An 1890 publicity photo for one of America’s greatest cowgirls, Annie Oakley.
12. Woman’s best friend in 1940.
13. My kind of lady, circa 1912.
14. Look, ma! No hands.
15. Rockin’ cowgirl style in the ’50s before Madonna made it cool. Yee haw, indeed.
- Former British prime minister Tony Blair says there are elements of the Brexit debate "happening the world over."
- Uber documents provided to BuzzFeed News suggest that price cuts don't always raise driver wages 🚗💸
- President Barack Obama declared a major disaster in West Virginia after at least 23 people were killed in flash floods.