1. Some of the possible band names — as seen in Jimmy’s notebook — but not discussed in dialogue include…
The Dollars, The Lords of Erie, The Pistunes, The Thorns, The Mozarts, The Ticks, The Didoctics, and The Flannels.
3. Most TTYD fans know this was Hanks’ writing and directing debut, but did you know he also helped compose some of the film’s music?
Hanks wrote the jolly tune that plays over the intro called “Lovin’ You Lots and Lots,” which was credited to a fictitious band called The Norm Wooster Singers.
4. He also composed Guy’s drum solo, “I Am Spartacus.”
That’s right. Tom Hanks plays the friggin’ drums like a boss.
8. Hanks’ daughter, Elizabeth, had a few seconds of screen time as a bored girl in the dress shop.
9. Hanks’ son, Colin, also got to be in the movie, appearing as Liv Tyler’s usher.
10. “That Thing You Do” (the song) performed pretty well on the charts in 1996, reaching #41 on Billboard.
Go ahead. You know you want to listen to this.
11. NSYNC covered it. And Lance Bass pretended he knew how to play the keyboard.
12. New Found Glory also covered it. Their version is physically unpleasant to listen to.
14. The Oneders joke kind of made the whole movie.
Yes, I realize this is not a hard fact. But it should be the truth.
15. And this joke is pretty brilliant. Take it. Use it.
- The chairman of the National Governors Association, said Trump has promised only criminals will deported and random spot checks won't be conducted.
- The trans sister of a Trump inauguration singer must be allowed to use the restroom that fits her gender ID, a judge ruled.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝