Here, wisdom plucked directly from an old Clarissa Explains It All episode (called “Blind Date” from Season 3) dealing with the horror that is dating:
1. After 99 percent of your blind dates, you go home feeling like you could have done something way more productive or fun with your evening.
2. The odds are against you.
3. You’ve done your fair share of dating guys for the wrong reasons.
4. If you’re doing online dating, the littlest thing will make you dismiss someone. Like they’re in a cult or have a weird name.
5. It only takes a few seconds with someone to know whether you’re into them. (The problem is that you begin to doubt your initial impressions after two drinks.)
6. When you complain about being single to your non-single friends, they just assume that you’re being close-minded.
7. You’d rarely admit this aloud…but part of you takes pleasure in recounting the hilarity of bad dates.
8. You’ve just assumed you’re single because most of the world is crazy, but after enough failures, you can’t help but wonder if the problem is you? (It’s not. You’re all good.)
9. Providing filler for awkward pauses on a date is literally the worst, most embarrassing thing ever.
10. There’s a distinct possibility you’ve already met your soulmate. I mean, isn’t it time to admit that you’re in love with your best friend?
Here’s the full Clarissa episode on blind dating. Watch your dating life unfold before your very eyes.
- Athletes probably won't break records at the Rio Olympics. In most events, top performers have already reached the limits of human biology, scientists say.
- Some Bernie-or-Busters protested Hillary Clinton's DNC speech, but a tightly organized plan — from chants to secret allies — kept heckling off TV.
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.