1. Wisconsin is home to some of the longest and wildest winters in the world. But when all that snow melts, Wisconsinites enjoy a summer comparable to none.
2. But it's not all barns and green pastures. Wisconsin hosts the world's largest music festival, Summerfest!
3. The State Fair rules too.
4. (Especially the cream puffs.)
5. You might not have a cabin to spend summer weekends at, but your friends definitely do. And you're always invited.
6. There's nothing better than homemade Wisconsin strawberry jam.
7. Except maybe watching the sunset on one of Wisconsin's 15,074 lakes.
8. Not to mention the greatest lakes of them all.
9. Wisconsin lakes and rivers hold 160 different species of fish.
10. There's even an entire festival devoted to local fish.
11. Let's not forget that Oshkosh is home to the world's largest airshow!
12. And the Lumberjack World Championships take place in Hayward.
13. Wisconsin has 66 different state parks covering more than 60,570 acres of the state.
14. And Devil's Lake is home to some of the best rock climbing in the region.
15. Some of the best friendships are made in the bleacher seats at Miller Park.
16. The Wisconsin Dells totally rule, of course.
Don't forget to go for a duck ride.
17. And nearby, the Baraboo Circus World Museum is a must-stop.
18. The UW Madison Union Terrace is arguably the greatest summer spot in the world.
19. Trips to Door County are always fantastic.
Charming establishments, beaches, lighthouses, and unpretentious wineries.
20. The biking is glorious.
21. Brats on brats on brats on brats.
22. (And cheese curds, obviously.)
And the beer and breweries are unparalleled.
Have a Leinenkugel Summer Shandy this season—it's the quintessential summer beer, made locally in Wisconsin.