1. First up, surfing (of course)
2. Even if you don't get lucky with the waves, it can still be incredible
3. But there's so much more - did you know there was a Cornish language, Kernowek?
4. You can even buy books teaching it
5. All of which means...Kernow a'gas dynergh!
6. Handily for the locals, all of Cornwall is neatly cut off from the rest of the UK by the River Tamar
7. Throughout history, the Cornish have stood up for their rights by rebelling
8. Not only does Cornwall have a patron Saint, St. Piran...
9. It has two more! St Michael is associated with St Michael's Mount...
10. ...and St. Petroc with Padstow
11. The Cornish flag flies across the land
12. Especially on the national day, March 5th
13. It's one of the seven ancient Celtic Nations
14. As a result, Cornwall has its own tartan
15. There are new pieces of history being created as well. This is Sawmills studio, used by a variety of rockstars.
16. New bands are coming through as well. This is Tall Ships, named for the annual Falmouth festival
17. Falmouth even has a great new University
18. Cornwall has some excellent cuisine. Everyone knows the Cornish Pasty.
19. It's not just Pasties. This is a Stargazy Pie.
20. And this is a Cornish Cream Tea.
21. There are plenty of chefs setting up world-class restaurants in Cornwall as well.
22. There's plenty of beer
23. Including the Blue Anchor, the only pub in the world to produce Spingo
24. There's a full Cyder farm as well
25. And anyone who's lived in Cornwall remembers the epic nights drinking Scrumpy
26. Cornwall has given the world its share of celebrities as well
27. The Cornish Diaspora reaches out to the United States, Canada, Australia, Mexico, New Zealand, South Africa and Brazil.
28. Cornwall has its own legends, like the Beast of Bodmin Moor
29. It has its own sports, like Cornish Wrestling
30. And a long history of Cornish Rugby
31. The beaches are incredible. This is Treen.
32. And this is Pentewan
33. Which means when they happen, storms are always dramatic
34. Actually, all the countryside is spectacular
35. Especially Tintagel, birthplace of King Arthur
36. And the Minack Theatre
37. The fishing villages are incredible too
38. tl;dr? Cornwall is awesome
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!