1. Your wonderful, tidy, rarely-sets-anything-on-fire housemate has decided to move out.
2. On the bright side, maybe you're going to find a new friend!
3. It's time to put your ad online, on a totally-not-shady website.
4. Make sure everyone knows about how good the location is. Which in reality, is not very good.
5. And the photos! Which might be worse...
6. But you hit submit and then...it's about to happen.
7. EVERYONE IS MESSAGING YOU!
8. Deep breath. Get replying.
9. You come up with a foolproof system to stay on top of your viewings.
10. Viewings Day! Clean everything.
11. And then become increasingly aware that people are going to be judging you just as much as you're judging them.
12. It's fine, just have confidence, and everyone's going to like you.
13. So now it's time to wait, while each appointment slowly cancels, or just doesn't turn up.
14. But they start turning up! Smile, and give them a tour.
15. Some potential flatmates have a different idea of fun to you.
16. Some of them don't seem to know what fun is.
17. Some of them are just a bit...off.
18. And then some all turn up at the same time and it's weird.
19. But then there are the good ones! Someone always has a really useful talent.
20. Some you want to move in, but there are very good reasons they shouldn't.
21. But finally, the perfect person walks in the door.
22. Excitedly, you send them an email...
23. ...and wait desperately for a response...
24. ...and they found somewhere else.
25. Well, your second choice is probably fine as well.
26. So you help them move their mysterious furniture in, and they actually seem to be OK.
27. But after a few months, and few nights out, you can't imagine living with anyone else.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!