For those not in the know, Boxing Day takes place each year on Dec. 26 and is the day when everything that didn't get sold for Christmas goes on sale. It's basically the day that Canadians to go the mall.
It's also far, far superior to this Black Friday nonsense. Let's review.
1. Hitting the mall the day after Christmas is perfect because, let's be honest, you just spent several days stuffing yourself with cookies and it's time to move your body.
2. Didn't get what you really wanted for Christmas? No problem. Time to go buy it for yourself like the queen you are.
3. And since Boxing Day is a statutory holiday, you don't have to take the day off to find some sweet deals.
4. So you can keep your vacation days for actual vacations.
5. And at least those poor souls that have to work retail get time-and-a-half.
6. Really, Boxing Day is basically second Christmas.
7. And the sales are basically just as good as Black Friday. Seriously, there's research.
8. It's also a great excuse to get away from your weird family for a few hours.
9. Canadians aren't even the only ones who know what's up. Our Commonwealth brothers and sisters in the U.K. and Australia rock Boxing Day, too.
10. Boxing Day follows an actual holiday: Christmas. Black Friday comes after American Thanksgiving, also known as the wrong Thanksgiving.
Sorry, America <3