1. The subway is a totally different beast on the weekend.
2. It's easy to confuse uptown vs. downtown subway stations.
3. And it's courtesy to let people off the train first.
4. Grocery stores and drug stores don't sell liquor.
5. Many things worth eating will be cash only.
6. NYC is arguably the donut capital of the world.
7. Avenue blocks are longer than street blocks.
8. That scaffolding will never come down. Ever.
9. Overestimate your budget.
10. And on that note, see if your job will help you out with transit fare.
11. Take advantage of those fruit and vegetable stands on every corner.
12. There's a slice of the city for SO many countries.
13. Most city parks offer free WiFi.
14. Harmon's Discount is your best bet for toiletries.
15. And no one will ever judge your bodega purchases.
16. There's so much history – if you know where to look.
17. You really can get cultured for cheap.
18. And be a part of your favorite TV shows for free.
19. The best view of the Statue of Liberty is from the Staten Island Ferry, which is free.
20. If you want a tattoo, this is the place to get it.
21. If you have the choice, live closer to your social life than your job.
22. It can feel like everyone is caught up in their own thing.
23. Remember: Live your OWN ~NYC dream.~
Don't waste time comparing yourself to some ideal version of NYC life you assumed you'd be living. Just do you.