1. Taceaux Loceaux Food Truck, New Orleans
“Yummy tacos with NOLA flair! Their ‘Fun Guy’ fried mushroom taco and Kermit’s BBQ pork are insane.”
–Eleanor Knight, Facebook
3. Tortilleria Mexicana Los Hermanos, Brooklyn, New York
“Unassuming, tiny space that serves as the front part of a tortilla factory. Cheap, simple, and insanely good! It even made Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations a few years ago. If it’s good enough for Bourdain, it’s good enough for me.”
–Lindsey Rich, Facebook
4. ¡Duino! (Duende), Burlington, Vermont
“Order the Korean barbecue taco – life-changing. I literally stay awake at night sometimes wondering if I should drive the hour to get one.”
–Jeanelle Achee, Facebook
5. Automatic Taco Truck, Greensville, South Carolina
“Every taco is amazing, but I always get the Nashville Hot Chicken.”
–Christopher Bullard, Facebook
7. Pico Taqueria, Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Best tacos ever! My favorites are the Deep Hole, made with crispy cauliflower, pico de gallo with capers, Parmesan cheese, garlic aioli, and crispy shallots; and the Eastside with fried catch of the day, fennel and grapefruit salad, and avocado cream.”
–Betsy Mööt, Facebook
9. Papas N Tacos, Pacoima, California
“They have iconic potato tacos. They make the most of their tacos by spreading the meat (or potato) on a tortilla then DEEP-FRYING IT. It becomes a soft, crunchy hard shell and then they toss on lettuce and cheese. SO GOOD.”
11. Tacqueria Pico De Gallo, Tucson, Arizona
“So Tucson is a veritable minefield of authentic Mexican food. But I have to say, the absolute greatest tacos in town are from a nondescript restaurant called Pico De Gallo. They make handmade tortillas that are to die for and have a huge variety of fillings. They are the tacos of your dreams, I promise!”
12. Bartaco, various locations along the East Coast
“The sesame rib eye and pork belly tacos are religious experiences. Plus, they have awesome drinks and sides (grilled corn with lime, cayenne, and cojita cheese!) and about a million tacos to choose from.”
–Kathleen Shea, Facebook
13. Paco’s Tacos & Tequila, Charlotte, North Carolina
“The turkey club carnitas taco is INCREDIBLE. They slow-cook turkey in a myriad of delicious spices and then they pull it like barbecue pork. They top it off with jalapeño bacon, avocado, and some lettuce and tomato, along with a creamy sauce. The best taco I have ever encountered in my 26 years on Earth.”
14. Fuego Tortilla Grill, San Marcos, Texas
“It’s open 24/7 (nothing is better than a taco at 3 a.m. during finals week), and my favorite is the Dr. Pepper Cowboy. It’s a soft flour taco with shredded beef, Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce, corn, grilled onions, cheese and queso. I go twice a week, minimum.”
16. Black Sheep Burritos and Brewery, Huntington & Charleston, WV
“I get the black bean and mushroom taco (marinated mushrooms, black beans, queso fresco, tortilla strips, cilantro), but my mom loves the baja fish taco — and the avocado taco is also really good. Everything is really good. Black Sheep is love. Black Sheep is life.”
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.
- Donald Trump slammed the CIA after reports that the agency believes Russia used hacks to try to help him win.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- Fire investigators have ruled out a refrigerator as the cause of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people in Oakland, California.
- The world's oldest known breeding seabird just laid another egg. Her name is Wisdom and she's 66 🐦