The Ultimate Guide To Food Delivery In And Around Los Angeles
At least we still have sushi.
Though it's important to practice social distancing at this time to prevent the coronavirus from spreading, it's definitely taking a toll on many businesses, including restaurants. And while takeout may be our only option right now, the truth is, LA is always a great place to be when it comes to ordering delivery.
1. Sugarfish packs your sushi and sashimi in a box, separated by dish, with all condiments on the side so your food stays fresh.
2. 800 Degrees wood-fires their pizzas at — you guessed it — 800 degrees, and the result is a super-quick and perfectly crisp pie.
3. The wildly popular lunch spot Mendocino Farms offers all their sandwiches and salads up for delivery, so you can grind away and still get some delicious midday eats.
4. When you think delivery, you may not automatically think ice cream, but Coolhaus will change your mind.
5. You can't get much more LA than Backyard Bowls, a fresh and healthy joint that specializes in açaí bowls (but has porridge bowls, grain bowls, and smoothies on offer too).
6. Thanks to Zankou Chicken, you can feel as though you have a shawarma cart right in your living room.
7. Tocaya Organica offers delicious Mexican cuisine rooted in traditional recipes — but with a modern twist. Think Mexican kale caesar salad, vegan burritos, and fajita bowls.
8. Texas barbecue joint Baby Blues BBQ truly lives by the state's saying, "Everything's bigger in Texas."
9. The neighborhood Thai restaurant Luv2eat Thai Bistro has grown to become one of LA's go-tos for delivery.
10. If you need some comfort food, Canter's Deli will give you the biggest of comfort food hugs in the form of hot sandwiches, potato pancakes, and warming soups.
11. If you're craving the deliciousness that comes with eating at a gastropub, Simmzy's will deliver its menu of burgers, tacos, salads, and sandwiches straight to your couch.
12. Joe's Pizza gets you about as close to a New York slice as possible — without hopping on a five-hour flight.
13. Destroyer is known for its beautiful dishes, and lucky for you, they deliver the beauty straight to your door, too.
14. Japanese restaurant Tsubaki's cooler (possibly drunker) younger brother Ototo is a sake bar that dishes out Japanese bar food to the masses.
15. Family owned Clementine Bakery is an LA staple for sandwiches, salads, breakfast, cookies, scones, and pastries.
16. Beloved Italian restaurant Osteria Mozza's delivery shop Mozza2go brings you everything you love about the original restaurant — like fresh burrata and crispy crust pizzas — in a box.
17. The gyros from Good Greek Grill are some of LA's best for lunch, dinner, or even late night eats.
18. Sari Sari Store serves Filipino rice bowls complete with garlic rice, meat, and fried eggs. You can also get a buko pie (a Filipino coconut pie) if you need to curb your sweet tooth.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.