1. In Big Hero 6, when Tadashi ran into a burning building and sacrificed his life, leaving behind his younger brother.
2. In The Hunger Games, when Rue was killed by another tribute, and Katniss arranged an entire funeral for her.
3. In The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2, when Prim died in an explosion just before Katniss was about to save Panem.
4. In Romeo + Juliet, when Tybalt fatally stabbed Mercutio and everyone finally realized just how guilty they all were.
5. In Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, when Ben Solo tragically died after he revived Rey and finally made amends for all of his evildoings.
6. In Star Wars: The Last Jedi, when the Force killed Luke Skywalker.
7. In Scream, when Ghostface brutally murdered Casey during the first 10 minutes of the movie, setting an eerie tone for the rest of it.
8. In I Am Legend, when Sam saved Neville's life, only to be infected by the Krippin Virus.
9. In Bridge to Terabithia, when Leslie tried to visit Terabithia by herself, but the rope broke and she hit her head when she fell into the creek.
10. In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 1, when Dobby died and basically ruined the entire franchise for people.
11. In The Green Mile, when John Coffey was executed for a crime he didn't even commit.
12. In My Girl, when Thomas J. — who was severely allergic to bees — accidentally stepped on a beehive and died.
13. In It Chapter Two, when Eddie survived all the chaos Pennywise threw at him, only to be killed minutes before his friends finally defeated Pennywise.
14. In Avengers: Endgame, when Black Widow sacrificed herself but then never even got a proper funeral.
15. And finally, in Coco, when Mama Coco died and reunited with her family in the Land of the Dead.
Note: Responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.