1. You start seeing back-to-school ads and immediately panic.
"This can't be right. It's way too early!"
2. Then the horrifying thought dawns on you that school is really only a few weeks away.
"Where did this summer go?!"
3. You immediately regret not living your summer to the fullest.
"I had such big dreams."
4. The daunting thought of having to return to days spent in class and nights full of homework is sucking the last bit of fun out of your summer.
"I'm not ready. I'M NOT READY!"
5. You grumble the entire way to the store for back-to-school shopping.
"I might as well be shopping for a headstone because my summer is on it's deathbed."
6. Though once you're there you get incredibly excited about your new pack of pens.
"IT COMES IN FOUR DIFFERENT COLORS OMG!!!"
7. And about your stylish new pair of kicks.
"These are the shoes that will finally make me popular."
8. You gaze upon your new mass of school gear with pride and joy.
"This must be what it feels like to hold your new born baby for the first time."
9. You realize you're actually getting kind of excited for school to start.
"What are these strange feelings?!"
10. Excitement starts to turn into nervousness.
"Will I get awesome teachers? Will I like the person I have to sit next to in math? Will the vending machine carry Gatorade Frost?!"
11. You brush aside your petty fears and instead get incredibly ambitious about all the things you will achieve this new school year.
"I'm going to get straight A's, and finally join that club, and crush it by playing at least three sports, oh and totally convince my crush to fall madly in love with me, and make like 20 new best friends...."
12. Your dread has now magically turned into a nervous, giddy excitement equivalent to a 13-year-old girl who is about to meet Justin Bieber.
"OMG I can't wait!"
13. You have your book-bag packed and your first day outfit picked out two weeks in advance.
"I'm so going to kill it this year."
14. The night before you actually go to bed at a decent hour for the first time all summer.
"Gotta be well rested for my first day of kicking some school a#@."
15. Yet you can't get a wink of sleep the whole night."
"This is literally the worst."
16. Despite the lack of sleep, you head out the door the next morning feeling on point.
"Damn, I make going back-to-school look good."
17. You walk through the front doors of school like you own the place.
"Excuse me, places to go, things to do, out of the way."