1. For starters, he has that wide-eyed, humble spirit we love to stay up watching.
2. He has a knack for turning yawns into laughs.
As a child, Seth watched political debates so that he could understand the Late Night punchlines. America needs him.
9. He has experience handling writer personalities.
Seth’s nine-year tenure as SNL head writer is comparable only to SNL institution James Downey.
10. He has an Emmy for Outstanding Music and Lyrics.
But don’t be confused. Emmy is the award you get for TV stuff. Seth won for writing JT’s SNL musical monologue.
11. His friends have worked late hours for years so it makes sense with their “gettin’ drinks” schedule.
In fact, he’s admitted that he would struggle with an early-morning gig.
12. He’s cultured and fashionable.
“It’s a long way to go to prove you’re wearing a clean pair of underwear,” says Seth of his look for the Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Awards.
13. He’s a positive role model.
15. He has those teeth.
And a passion for flossing.
16. He has fans who REALLY expect things from him…
Seth tells The Bucknellian, “Once, somebody in a store asked me how they knew me, and I said Saturday Night Live and they said, ‘That’s not good enough.’”
17. …and, most notably, this has been a long time coming. At 40-years-old, Seth will be the oldest Late Night host ever.
That, folks, is called “experience.”