Moesha debuted and helped change the way Black sitcoms were seen, and did so from the view of a teenage girl.
The show became so iconic that even 27 years later, it can be seen playing faithfully on streaming services.
If you haven't seen an episode of the show recently, you need to reevaluate your life. Here are 19 reasons why you need to rewatch the show...like, right now:
1. Moesha's fashion is responsible for a lot of popular trends.
2. Everyone wanted the "Moesha braids" then and even more now.
3. It showed the beauty of a two-parent household.
4. Moesha had the best friend group.
5. Moesha showed the importance of sisterhood.
6. The episodes are extremely relatable.
7. It's one of the best coming-of-age shows to hit the small screen.
8. It's laugh-out-loud funny.
9. Rewatching means you can see the early life of Countess Vaughn as Kim Parker.
11. Frank and Dee Mitchell were HARDWORKING parents.
12. Moesha had boyfriends every girl in the '90s dreamed of having.
13. The theme song was a hit.
14. The show gave viewers original music, specifically from CPQ.
15. It showed that friends can become family.
16. Moesha was a media girlie.
18. It showed a Black girl always voicing her opinion.
19. Lastly, it's a cult classic so you know there's something in this series for everyone to love!
Now that you've decided to rewatch the show, because I know I did a great job convincing you, which episode are you watching first? Let me know in the comments!
You can currently stream Moesha on Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, and Paramount+.