1. Because the series shows that all sorts of women can hold positions of leadership.
2. Because it repeatedly raises the issue of how unequal the demands on women and men are.
3. Because relationships between women are also treated as something normal.
4. But that's not to say that the everyday discrimination that same-sex couples face is left out of the picture.
5. Because it consistently addresses what it's like to be a mother, including ALL aspects of motherhood.
6. Because it reinforces that good looks are not everything...
7. ... but also that it can sometimes be empowering to use your own body for your own purposes.
8. Because lack of respect and similar bullshit isn't tolerated.
9. Because it shows that working on yourself and becoming the best version of yourself is a lifelong process.
10. Because the series is also a space for bisexuality without objectification.
11. Because there's also a place for disabled women in the series.
12. Because it shows how difficult success was for women in the generations before us.
13. Because it shows that even women who are consistently portrayed as "tough" also need help sometimes. But that doesn't mean they have to lose their independence, too.
14. Because it shows that you should never forget about yourself, even when you're in a relationship and/or dating.
15. And last but not least, because it shows how important, beautiful, complicated, and supportive women's friendships truly are.
Grey's Anatomy is unapologetically and wonderfully fabulous.
This post was translated from German.