1. Life will be full of disappointments.
No matter what age you are.
2. And moments of pure bliss.
The moments where your face will hurt from smiling so much.
3. You will fall in love, and it will be terrifying.
But it will also be exciting and wonderful.
4. You’ll fall out of love.
Or someone will fall out of love with you.
5. You’ll date someone who doesn’t treat you like they should.
And it will take you longer than it should for you to realize you deserve better.
6. And you may not love the person that loves you.
No matter how hard you try.
7. You’ll spend most of your twenties trying to figure out who you are.
And maybe even your thirties or forties…
8. You’ll lose your way.
And it might take you a while to find your way back.
9. You’ll experience a broken heart, and it will hurt more than you could ever imagine.
But one day, you WILL be able to move on.
10. You’ll have to work really hard to love yourself.
And it will be something you have to work on for the rest of your life.
11. It may take a while, but you’ll learn that this body is the only one you get.
So you have to take care of it.
12. And others won’t always recognize your greatness.
It’s one of life’s greatest shocks to enter the real world and realize that you’re one of millions. Which is all the more reason why you have to recognize the greatness within you, first.
13. Bad things will happen, and you won’t be given a reason for them.
No matter how many times you ask.
14. People will dislike you…for no reason at all.
And you will have to learn to accept that.
15. You’ll learn who your true friends are, and it will be incredibly painful at times.
But also necessary.
16. And people you once considered your best friends will become strangers to you.
And there’s nothing you can do about it.
18. You will have regrets.
No matter how hard you try to live a life without them.
19. Sometimes, you’ll feel like giving up.
And you shouldn’t.
20. And sometimes, you will admit defeat, and that’s OK.
Have a drink, and don’t be so hard on yourself.
21. You’ll go through ups and downs with your parents and realize how incredible they are much later than you should.
And you’ll make every second with them count.
23. Standing on your own two feet — once you’re finally able to — will be a reward you would have never even imagined when you were younger.
24. You’ll realize that every second you waste wishing you were someone else is a second you waste being the extraordinary person that you already are.
And who you are is perfect.
25. The world will try to harden you, and you have to allow your smile to change the world.
Instead of allowing the world to change your smile.
- The Trump administration deleted a State Department post promoting Trump's Mar-a-lago club after it drew a wave of criticism online.
- If no court steps in, Arkansas is poised to become the first state in more than 15 years to execute two people in one night.
- Markets are saying "Vive la France" after pro-EU centrist Emmanuel Macron gained the most votes in the 1st round of the French election.
- Thanks to Paul Ryan, Papa Roach's teen-angst smash "Last Resort" has become the internet's unofficial anthem for the owned 😬🎤