A REAL smile, because you are wonderful and beautiful and the mirror is not your enemy.
Because when you smile at others, you can’t help but smile a little to yourself. Let your inner beauty shine through.
Example: My boobs are great. My eyelashes are BANGING. My feet are adorable. Because, well, they are. And you should always be reminded of it.
Example: I like the way my eyes crinkle when I smile. I love the way I can work under pressure. I love the way I make my friends laugh. Writing it down can help you remember. Put it somewhere you will see it so you will be reminded.
Example: Watch a bad TV show, dance in your underwear, see a movie by yourself, go on a walk, bake a cake, etc. Smile the whole time. And don’t even think twice about it.
Starting today, congratulate yourself for something every single day. Because every day, you do something worth being proud of. Example: You got out of bed and made it to work on time. You let someone in front of you in traffic even though you were running late.
Eat the damn chocolate. Stay up late watching Netflix. Buy yourself a dress. You freaking deserve it. (You don’t have to buy a dress every day, you should just reward yourself somehow every day, even if that’s just allowing yourself to sleep in five extra minutes or get cheese on your sandwich.)
Start this today, make it last forever. It’s so easy to look at someone else and think life would be better if you were more like them. But that’s wrong, because you’re perfect the way you are. If you start comparing yourself to others, catch it, and stop it, then tell yourself, “I am the way that I am supposed to be, and that is more than enough.”
Compliments are ~wonderful~ and giving them is almost as wonderful as receiving them! If you like someone’s outfit, tell them. If you think their hair is lookin’ FLY, let them know. Compliment away, beauties.
Did you make a to-do-list? That’s impressive. Did you mark something off of it? Even better. Did you make progress on a project? Did you do something nice for someone? You accomplish something great, every single day. Recognize that.
Create a personal mantra and recite it every morning. It can be as short or as long as you want it to be. Every morning. Simple mantra. Whatever it is that you need to focus more on, include it.
I am deserving of love. I am beautiful. I am strong.
This is a punishment for being mean to yourself. You do not deserve that. There is no one in this world more deserving of your love than yourself. Scolded yourself for a cookie? Bye phone. And that doesn’t mean you can get on your iPad or computer and stare longingly at your timelines. No.
14. Loving yourself does not make you vain or self-absorbed, it makes you indestructible.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force President Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website 👏