Response to Which Colorful Vacation Should You Take?:
Haha, you won’t find any volcanos, zip lines, or rainforests in San Jose, Costa Rica. It’s just a city like any other city. You’ll have to go to other parts of the country for you adventure sports.
I wasn’t technically “babysitting”, but I was “hanging out” with this 11 year old girl to help give her parents a break. She wanted to climb a water tower, so to take her mind off that, I offered to let us climb some stairs on this little tower-like thing between the tennis courts and the track. So we were on the top of this tower, and all of a sudden she jumps from the top to this balcony midway between the top and the ground! The only way for her to get off that balcony was by a door, but she tried it and it was locked. I was so panicked and didn’t know how to get her down. She wanted to jump, but was a much higher jump than her first one and I didn’t want her to break a bone. I tried to catch her, but really just slowed her fall. When we got back to my apartment, she ran in and told all my roommates that we just jumped off a building. Oh boy. In the end she was perfectly fine, but my wrist got badly scratched while trying to catch her, and now I have a permanent scar and a crazy story.
Another time when I was flying to Ireland, I was seated along the aisle, and I had just fallen asleep with my face turned towards the aisle. A rather large man decided he wanted to get his carry-on luggage that was stored above my seat, and as he reached up to get it, I was awoken by a huge belly smashing into my face. It was really gross and I couldn’t fall asleep again for the rest of the flight.
One time I was flying to LA, and apparently some lady tried to make a huge purchase using the in-flight wifi, but then the wifi timed out and the lady started throwing this crazy fit. She was trying to fight the flight attendants and she wouldn’t stop screaming. When we landed we had to wait for police to come take her away before we could get off the plane. It was so weird.
Mine had legitimate messages from people I know who I just wasn’t facebook friends with at the time, and now I feel terrible that I never responded!!
Response to 50 Surprising Facts About The Internet:
I’ve had a picture on my phone for years of a chicken strip that looks like an elephant. I guess I now know what I should do with it!!
Response to Which Vladimir Putin Are You?:
I’m quite shocked that this quiz actually had my all-time favorite animal as one of the options. No one bothers to put walruses as an option nowadays.
Response to How Much Of An Asshole Are You?:
It’s funny to me that everyone hates to change the toilet paper role, because I get super paranoid if I leave it empty. I will seriously change it no matter where I am, provided that there is toilet paper around. I even changed the role of toilet paper at the Parliament building in Northern Ireland just last week.
My calculus teacher in high school drew this map free-handed and by memory. He even dotted the location of the capitals for every state.
- landerson423 "16 Shockingly Profound Disney Movie Q..."
While I will forever call it the Sears Tower, my English teacher suggests nicknaming it Big Willy.
I start college in the fall, and I’m already too used to #2.
- landerson423 "The Maurice Sendak Google Doodle Was ..."
Response to 30 Things You Had No Idea You Needed:
Someone I my philosophy class had #10, but I could never figure out what that hatch was that they kept playing with on the side of their water bottle. It all makes sense now!
- landerson423 "16 Water Balloon Explosions That Will..."
Response to 50 Reasons Chicago Is Second To NO City:
I was already craving Portillos today, and this post just made it worse! Cake shake here I come!
- landerson423 "50 Reasons Chicago Is Second To NO City"
- landerson423 "15 Things Chicagoans Have That You Do..."
- landerson423 "15 Reasons Human Beings Are Totally A..."
- landerson423 "25 Pictures That Will Make Your Day A..."
Response to 50 Things That Look Just Like Your Childhood:
I still used #48 this past year in gym class. In my senior year of high school. And it was amazing.
- landerson423 "The 10 Funniest Cat GIFs Of The Week"
Response to 42 Things You Wish You’d Invented:
I was thinking the same thing about number 29. Nothing can beat a Portillos chocolate cake shake!!
- landerson423 "20 Inspiring Quotes That Will Make Yo..."
- landerson423 "16 Things F. Scott Fitzgerald Doesn..."
- landerson423 "20 Puns That Totally Nailed It"
- landerson423 "14 Disney Characters As Modern-Day Co..."
- landerson423 "21 Photos That Will Turn Your Heart T..."
- landerson423 "34 People Who Have Infinitely More Sw..."
- landerson423 "26 Reasons Kids Are Pretty Much Just ..."
- landerson423 "The 25 Best Michael Scott Quotes"
- landerson423 "24 Small, Meaningful Acts Of Kindness"
- landerson423 "Charlie Siem Is Your New Favorite Vio..."
- landerson423 "12 Of The Bravest Public Pranks"
- landerson423 "28 Incredibly Beautiful Places You Wo..."
- landerson423 "20 Life Is Hard Moments"