1. Hemingway’s Death in the Afternoon
An awesome name for an awesome drink, it’s named for a 1932 novel by Hemingway himself. Absinth and champagne are combined for a greenish–hued cocktail with bubbles.
2. Ginger Shandy
A refreshing combo of beer, ginger beer, sliced lemon, and mint sprigs, this will be a summertime staple in no time.
3. Sweet Basil
Muddled basil leaves topped with ice, Lillet Blanc, gin, and simple syrup strained into a glass blends unique flavors that will liven up any summertime meal outdoors ( a great drink paired with seafood dishes).
4. Sangria Floats
A recipe inspired by the Food Network and tweaked by yours truly on my blog, different sorbet flavors (I used lemon, mango, and raspberry) are topped with Lambruso red sparkling wine or Cava. When the sorbet melts it blends into the wine for a cooling summertime drink.
5. Classic Red Sangria
Another recipe from the almighty Food Network kitchens, this is a classic for summer. Red wine is mixed with sugar, sliced apples, oranges, and orange liqueur in a pitcher then tops with seltzer. This king of refreshing summer drinks should be had at least once every summer.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- France is casting its first round of ballots today for a new president in a context unlike any other in the country's recent history 🇫🇷
- The police officer killed by a terrorist on the Champs-Élysées in Paris is being remembered as a defender of LGBT rights and a patriot.
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.