1. People feel the need to tell you exactly what's wrong with them.
2. But some people think you asked them what's wrong because you're nosy.
3. There are few moments less irritating than when someone comes in asking for "just five minutes with the doctor."
4. Even if someone calls with a totally irrational story, you have to smile and pretend like you believe them.
5. It's super embarrassing when you scold a patient for being late, but then the doctor swoops in, assuring it's no big deal.
6. When a patient accuses you of messing up their meds, and then realize there's nothing wrong at all.
7. Elderly people think you're the most helpful being on Earth.
8. When people show up early and sit silently, you always have to make sure your conversations are extra appropriate.
9. When you ask to put someone on hold, they get SO mad.
10. People think all you do is answer the phone and book appointments.
11. The best feeling in the world is when you're right and the doctor is wrong.
12. When your colleague leaves just as a difficult patient arrives, this is you:
13. Managers blame everything on you.
14. When someone comes in just before closing looking for an appointment, they're automatically your least favorite person.
15. You feel stressed out 90% of the time...
16. But it's all worth it, because you love your job, and you're damn good at it.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!