1. Here’s the race. Bolt gets his third gold of London and Yohan Blake gets his first.
2. If you pay close attention, just after the 50-second mark, Bolt extends the baton to an official and then pulls it away. PSYCHE.
The officials later forced him to give back the baton, but that hardly diminished the excitement of what the Jamaicans had just accomplished — they set a new world record, running the first 4×100m relay to break 37 seconds. And this becomes yet another moment that will go down in the history of Usain Bolt being awesome.
Related: the American men won silver and set a new national record, and the Canadian men initially took bronze before being disqualified.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on cellphone video firing at least one shot during a confrontation with several teens.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷