1. Here’s the race. Bolt gets his third gold of London and Yohan Blake gets his first.
2. If you pay close attention, just after the 50-second mark, Bolt extends the baton to an official and then pulls it away. PSYCHE.
The officials later forced him to give back the baton, but that hardly diminished the excitement of what the Jamaicans had just accomplished — they set a new world record, running the first 4×100m relay to break 37 seconds. And this becomes yet another moment that will go down in the history of Usain Bolt being awesome.
Related: the American men won silver and set a new national record, and the Canadian men initially took bronze before being disqualified.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.