1. Here’s the race. Bolt gets his third gold of London and Yohan Blake gets his first.
2. If you pay close attention, just after the 50-second mark, Bolt extends the baton to an official and then pulls it away. PSYCHE.
The officials later forced him to give back the baton, but that hardly diminished the excitement of what the Jamaicans had just accomplished — they set a new world record, running the first 4×100m relay to break 37 seconds. And this becomes yet another moment that will go down in the history of Usain Bolt being awesome.
Related: the American men won silver and set a new national record, and the Canadian men initially took bronze before being disqualified.
- Former British prime minister Tony Blair says there are elements of the Brexit debate "happening the world over."
- Uber documents provided to BuzzFeed News suggest that price cuts don't always raise driver wages 🚗💸
- U.S. Department of Defense is expected to end its ban on transgender military service in July.