With 8 minutes left in the first half of a crucial regular season game, the Jets decided to let Tim Tebow have a drive to himself. Tebow has barely played the last few weeks thanks to injuries.
2. It actually started off OK: Tebow ran for a first down! Wheee!
3. All right, Tim, let’s see what you can do.
4. Not your best effort. Here, try and just run up the middle again, since that couldn’t possibly go wrong.
5. Tebow didn’t manage to get the third-down snap off in time, so there was a delay of game penalty. As you can see, Rex Ryan was very pleased.
6. 3rd and 16 — you’ve got this, Tebow. You’ve — ah, forget it.
7. Here’s video of the whole sequence, if you’d like to live it in real time.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝