Dude… what are you wearing?
The Pro Football Writers of America just selected Tim Tebow for their 2012 Good Guy of the Year award. Apart from how hilarious of a name for an award that is, Tebow does seem like a relatively good guy — he handled the media blitz during his coming-out party last year with remarkable savvy, having honed his PR game through years of being worshipped at the University of Florida.
Looking back on the previous winners of the award, though, there could be trouble in store for Tebow. Last year’s winner, Aaron Rodgers, is still virtuous enough, apart from that mustache. Ditto with 2010 winner Drew Brees, who has escaped relatively unscathed from the New Orleans Saints bountygate scandal, and 2009 winner Kurt Warner, another virtuous Christian like Tebow. Past that, we run into some problems.
3. 2006 Good Guy Award Winner Tiki Barber
4. 2008 Good Guy Award Winner Brett Favre
Good luck, Tim!
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on video pulling out a handgun and firing at least one shot during a confrontation with teens.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.