1. The first touchdown of today’s AFC Championship game between the New England Patriots and the Baltimore Ravens came on an easy run by Ray Rice.
The Patriots were the home team, so the game — which ended with Baltimore winning 28-13 and earning a trip to the Super Bowl — took place at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts. Fitting, because at the game we saw a uniquely Massachusetts milestone: The Most Boston Thing That’s Ever Happened.
2. After Rice scored, he flexed his left bicep at the Patriots crowd — pretty typical football celebration. In response, a Pats fan flexed right back.
3. There you have it, folks: a Patriots fan flexing at an NFL running back. This is The Most Boston Thing Ever.
4. It’s hard to tell what the Flexing Fan said, but let’s just hope that this tweet is true.
@BuzzFeedSports @bubbaprog if you look close enough he says, “Got one too bro…” that dude is wicked ripped.— Josh Macuga
5. The best part? Ray Rice’s reaction is pretty much perfect.
6. Takes a lot of curls at the Y to get ‘ceps like that.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.