1. This is Jordan Crawford. He’s a career 40% shooter and the Wizards’ second-leading scorer this year.
2. This is Leandro Barbosa. He tore his ACL earlier this month.
3. And we can thank these two men for spicing up what has so far been a dreadfully dull NBA Trade Deadline.
Celtics will send the Leandro Barbosa expiring contract to the Wizards for Jordan Crawford, league source tells Y! Sports.— Adrian Wojnarowski
4. But wait, you say: when you tear your ACL, doesn’t that mean you’re out for the rest of the season?
5. Yes! Yes it does.
6. So wait, you say: the Wizards traded their second-leading scorer away for a guy who won’t play this year, and then his contract ends?
7. Yes! Yes they did. Crawford’s wanted out of D.C. — after being replaced by Bradley Beal, Crawford hasn’t played since February 6, when he scored 0 points in six minutes against the Knicks.
10. Don’t worry about it, Jordan. Just go pack your stuff.
UPDATE: The Wizards will also receive center Jason Collins, who is averaging 1.2 points and 1.6 rebounds so far this year, Wojnarowski reports. So, uh, yeah, that doesn’t really change anything.
- Four people were arrested after Trump supporters and protesters clashed during a "Make America Great Again" rally in California.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and ended within 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨