1. In Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals between the Heat and the Pacers, LeBron James had a very LeBron James game: 14-20 shooting, 36 points, 8 rebounds. But it all went down the drain at the very end.
2. With under a minute left, LeBron went right off a pick and attempted to kick the ball back to Ray Allen for a three. His pass was intercepted by David West, who had cheated off Allen to fill the passing lane.
The Heat managed to force the Pacers into a turnover of their own, but the next possession was deja vu. LeBron again drove right, this time finding himself trapped by Paul George and Roy Hibbert, who was noticeably present after sitting at the end of Game 1. And again, trying to kick it out, LeBron’s pass was tipped and stolen away.
If LeBron hadn’t had a fantastic scoring night, the Heat likely wouldn’t have even been close. But that doesn’t make it any less weird to see a playoff game come down to consecutive, nearly-identical errors by basketball’s best player.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- This girl totally trolled Donald Trump's son by getting a photo with him in a "Latina Against Trump" shirt — in Spanish 😬
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- Round of applause: This teen got a standing ovation for her high school presentation on white privilege.