1. The Patriots were already up 35-7 going into the fourth quarter against the AFC-leading Texans when Tom Brady threw a dump-off pass to Danny Woodhead out of the backfield.
2. Woodhead, a tiny running back known for his agility, makes a few guys miss and turns the play into a nice gain.
3. However, the Texans’ tremendous defensive lineman, J.J. Watt, comes from behind and forces a fumble. HOWEVER, however, Patriot Brandon Lloyd recovers it in the end zone. Weird touchdown!
4. The Pats score through a combination of luck — the ball takes a perfect bounce — and a heads-up play by Lloyd, who gets going as soon as Woodhead fumbles.
5. On a night where absolutely nothing was going right for the Texans, this play served as a fitting coda.
6. Here’s video of the play. The Patriots ended up winning 42-12, moving to 10-3, and handing the Texans only their second loss of the season.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀