1. The Patriots were already up 35-7 going into the fourth quarter against the AFC-leading Texans when Tom Brady threw a dump-off pass to Danny Woodhead out of the backfield.
2. Woodhead, a tiny running back known for his agility, makes a few guys miss and turns the play into a nice gain.
3. However, the Texans’ tremendous defensive lineman, J.J. Watt, comes from behind and forces a fumble. HOWEVER, however, Patriot Brandon Lloyd recovers it in the end zone. Weird touchdown!
4. The Pats score through a combination of luck — the ball takes a perfect bounce — and a heads-up play by Lloyd, who gets going as soon as Woodhead fumbles.
5. On a night where absolutely nothing was going right for the Texans, this play served as a fitting coda.
6. Here’s video of the play. The Patriots ended up winning 42-12, moving to 10-3, and handing the Texans only their second loss of the season.
- The men who attacked Istanbul's main airport on Tuesday, killing 44 people, were from Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
- The Pentagon is repealing its ban on transgender people serving openly in the U.S. military.
- Adnan Syed, whose murder conviction was a subject of the "Serial" podcast, is getting a new trial.