1. Here’s Akers’ kick, which came just before halftime against the Green Bay Packers.
Three other kickers have also hit 63-yarders: Tom Dempsey in 1970, Jason Elam in 1998, and Sebastian Janikowski last season. Both Elam and Janikowski kicked their field goals in Denver’s Mile High Stadium, where the air is thinner than most NFL locations, making Akers’ kick even more impressive.
- "It was a wick": Artists, friends, and survivors describe what it was like inside the Oakland warehouse party fire that left at least 9 dead.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- Thousands holding flags gathered in Cuba Saturday night to remember the life of Fidel Castro. His burial took place on Sunday.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂