1. Here’s Akers’ kick, which came just before halftime against the Green Bay Packers.
Three other kickers have also hit 63-yarders: Tom Dempsey in 1970, Jason Elam in 1998, and Sebastian Janikowski last season. Both Elam and Janikowski kicked their field goals in Denver’s Mile High Stadium, where the air is thinner than most NFL locations, making Akers’ kick even more impressive.
- At least 36 people died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause.
- A judge has declared a mistrial in the case of a South Carolina officer who fatally shot Walter Scott, an unarmed black man, in 2015.
- Amazon is opening a grocery store in Seattle that will allow shoppers to walk in and walk out — without pulling out their wallets 👀🍎
- People are cringing (and laughing) at this Forever 21 necklace they think is taking the choker trend too far 😬