1. Here’s Akers’ kick, which came just before halftime against the Green Bay Packers.
Three other kickers have also hit 63-yarders: Tom Dempsey in 1970, Jason Elam in 1998, and Sebastian Janikowski last season. Both Elam and Janikowski kicked their field goals in Denver’s Mile High Stadium, where the air is thinner than most NFL locations, making Akers’ kick even more impressive.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the controversial Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines.
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.