1. Here’s Akers’ kick, which came just before halftime against the Green Bay Packers.
Three other kickers have also hit 63-yarders: Tom Dempsey in 1970, Jason Elam in 1998, and Sebastian Janikowski last season. Both Elam and Janikowski kicked their field goals in Denver’s Mile High Stadium, where the air is thinner than most NFL locations, making Akers’ kick even more impressive.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰