10. The NBA put out a list of its top 10 bloopers. I made them into GIFs, because they’re better that way. We start with Lamar Odom, who had this to say at the Clippers’ media day.
No, you’re not. That was when you were good. Now you’re sort of OK, and you play for that other NBA team in Los Angeles.
This is made even funnier by the fact that 1) the Lakers aren’t even the most recent team that Odom has played for — he spent a terrible season in Dallas last year, and 2) Odom started his career with the Clippers.
9. Rockets center Omer Asik tried to grab a rebound, which he’s usually quite good at — unfortunately, this time it went a little awry.
Yes, that’s his own hoop that ball goes into.
Omer is sad.
8. Blake Griffin did what he’s best at, which is making seven-foot-tall NBA players look like petrified children. But while you could call Pau Gasol getting shamed a blooper, that’s not it.
Nope — it’s Andrew Bynum’s expression.
This is the facial equivalent of yelling “DAMNNNNN” while rolling around the floor.
7. Kevin Durant tried to throw an outlet pass to teammate Thabo Sefolosha. He overthrows Sefolosha but does manage to hit an old lady in the face.
But this is Kevin Durant we’re talking about, so he turns an otherwise scary in-game moment into an adorable fan interaction.
I mean, she looks pretty happy, doesn’t she?
6. Tyreke Evans is cutting to the hoop! Manu Ginobili is shifting on defense! What’s going to happ— ahhhhhhhhh.
5. Enes Kanter did the worm at the Jazz rookie dance-off, despite 1) not being a rookie and 2) not having any idea how to do the worm.
4. Nick Young THREW A LAYUP OVER THE BACKBOARD. Seriously, the physics and logistics of this will never cease to amaze me.
Just remember, kids: wash your hands after eating a calzone when you’re about to go play basketball.
Swaggy P wasn’t feeling so swaggy here.
3. No context necessary.
2. Brandon Knight showed great hustle in trying to save a ball that was headed out of bounds. Instead, all he accomplished was getting really, really wet.
Actually, the best part about this is how that red-hatted kid to the right pushed the cups onto Knight so that they wouldn’t land on him. This is his fault.
Be sure to appreciate the reactions of each and every person in the crowd. My favorite: the little kid in the top-left.
1. And finally, what would a collection of bloopers be like without a vintage JaVale McGee moment? It would be worthless, that’s what.
Never change, JaVale. Never, ever change.
Thanks to the NBA for putting this video together.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.