The Atlanta Falcons entered Week 4 as one of the league’s three unbeaten teams. A large reason for this has been the stellar play of Matt Ryan — so far, the league’s best QB — and his two WRs, Roddy White and Julio Jones.
2. Today was Roddy White’s show. He made a tremendous catch for his first TD with 33 seconds left in the first quarter, on a 49-yard bomb.
3. Next up, White grabbed an easy TD with 1:55 left in the half, putting Atlanta up 17-14.
4. But he saved his best play for last. The Falcons were pinned on their own 1-yard line with about a minute to go, and White made a fantastic elevating grab to get them near field-goal range.
From there, Atlanta easily advanced the ball to secure a game-winning field goal. White’s performance was the best of the early games, and the Falcons have him to thank for narrowly edging out the talented Panthers.
6. Here’s video of all three catches.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Should opioid users who've repeatedly overdosed be forced to get drug treatment? Some politicians say yes.
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭