1. You probably don’t walk around the world feeling like you have to beware of a paraglider suddenly crashing into you. Maybe you should.
Before a game between top-flight Ecuadorean squads LDU Quito and Barcelona Sporting Club, LDU’s Claudio Quito took a paraglider to the face.
2. Here’s a GIF of the collision which, I have to imagine, must have hurt for both parties involved.
3. It seems like the crowd watching warmups got a kick out of it, because the paraglider then motions for them to cheer and high-fives a nearby dude carrying a sign.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.