1. You probably don’t walk around the world feeling like you have to beware of a paraglider suddenly crashing into you. Maybe you should.
Before a game between top-flight Ecuadorean squads LDU Quito and Barcelona Sporting Club, LDU’s Claudio Quito took a paraglider to the face.
2. Here’s a GIF of the collision which, I have to imagine, must have hurt for both parties involved.
3. It seems like the crowd watching warmups got a kick out of it, because the paraglider then motions for them to cheer and high-fives a nearby dude carrying a sign.
- The Democratic National Convention kicks off today and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- Two people were killed and at least 16 others were injured in a shooting outside a nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Verizon is buying Yahoo's core business for about $5 billion, ending the web pioneer's run as an independent company.