1. With the U.S. up 1-0 against New Zealand, an Alex Morgan breakaway turned into a horrifying collision for goalkeeper Jenny Bindon.
3. This is made even worse by the fact that earlier, she had been kicked in the face by Abby Wambach.
5. And to add insult to injury: at the end of the game, Sydney Leroux put the ball between Bindon’s legs for America’s second goal.
Remarkably, Bindon finished the game, surviving what proved to be a rough day. The human spirit triumphs over blows to the face.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.