1. With the U.S. up 1-0 against New Zealand, an Alex Morgan breakaway turned into a horrifying collision for goalkeeper Jenny Bindon.
3. This is made even worse by the fact that earlier, she had been kicked in the face by Abby Wambach.
5. And to add insult to injury: at the end of the game, Sydney Leroux put the ball between Bindon’s legs for America’s second goal.
Remarkably, Bindon finished the game, surviving what proved to be a rough day. The human spirit triumphs over blows to the face.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪