Tonight Jeremy Lin played his first game since Linsanity as a visitor to Madison Square Garden. During introductions, some Knicks fans applauded, but during the game, he was booed and heckled whenever he touched the ball. The Knicks had the choice to re-sign Lin — he would’ve had no choice to stay in New York if they’d matched his contract offer — but many fans seemed to be under the impression that he had insisted on leaving the team.
2. Tyson Chandler gave Lin a harsh welcome via this flagrant foul. Chandler goes up against a driving Lin and brings his elbows down on Lin’s face.
3. Elbow. To. The. Face.
4. Not really any reason for Chandler to bring his arms down like that, which is why he gets the flagrant.
5. To his credit, Lin laughs it off.
6. Here’s video of the play.
7. Chandler and Lin had good chemistry when they were teammates, shared a nice moment before the game, and didn’t snipe at each other before or after the foul, so it doesn’t seem likely that Chandler meant any ill will.
8. Hear the crowd booing Lin in this video. Later in the game, he badly airballed a three, and the fans went nuts.
Of course, Lin got the last laugh: he had a great game, notching 22 points and 8 assists in a 109-96 drubbing of the Knicks.
10. Part of his scoring came from his traditional strength, which is driving to the hoop: see here for a prime example.
11. All the bounces went the Rockets’ way tonight — as in the case of this falling-out-of-bounds assist to Omer Asik.
Lin is 2-0 against New York this season.
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- Serena Williams posted a powerful note on her Facebook page Tuesday, saying she won't be silent about police killings of black men.