2. New York Knicks 82 — Philadelphia 76ers 79
If you think Amar’e Stoudamire isn’t happy about shooting 8-14 for 21 points in the Knicks’ fifth win in a row under new coach Mike Woodson, he’ll kick you in the face. Andre Iguodala’s sort of like, “Come on, dude.”
3. Oklahoma City Thunder 114 — Los Angeles Clippers 91
“Thanks, James!” Derek says with a smile. “Kobe never gave me high-fives!”
4. Washington Wizards 108 — New Jersey Nets 89
Nets coach Avery Johnson and star point guard Deron Williams were both ejected from their losing effort against the Wizards in the third quarter. Coach Johnson remarked after the game: “Man, I didn’t know I could get out of these games early! This is great!”*
5. Los Angeles Lakers 109 — Dallas Mavericks 93
In the process of putting an end to the Mavs’ four-game winning streak, Kobe put to use that ball-to-hoop homing system he’d had under his bed for six years.
Orlando Magic 103 — Phoenix Suns 93
Chicago Bulls 94 — Toronto Rappers 82
Atlanta Hawks 103 — Cleveland Cavaliers 102 (OT)
Golden State Warriors 101 — New Orleans Hornets 92
San Antonio Spurs 116 — Minnesota Timberwolves 100
Denver Nuggets 116 — Detroit Pistons 115
8. Buffalo Sabres 3 — Montreal Canadiens 0
Sabres goalie Ryan Miller pitched a shutout last night — his sixth of the season — to give Buffalo its 11th win in 17 games.
Carolina Hurricanes 3 — Florida Panthers 1
New York Rangers 2 — Detroit Red Wings 1 (OT)
Chicago Blackhawks 2 — Vancouver Canucks 1
Anaheim Ducks 4 — St. Louis Blues 3
Premier League Soccer
11. Manchester City 2 — Chelsea 1
Despite pledges from City manager Roberto Mancini that Carlos Tevez would never wear their shirt again, the bulldogish Argentinian forward appeared in last night’s match against Chelsea with his squad down 1-0 and led a spirited comeback. Tevez contributed to both City goals, one at ‘78 and one at ‘85, and the win puts them only a point back from Manchester rivals United.
Tottenham 1 — Stoke 1
Arsenal 1 — Everton 0
QPR 3 — Liverpool 2
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- The Trump administration is silent hours after Russia arrested hundreds of people protesting corruption under Putin.
- United Airlines stopped 3 girls from flying because they were wearing leggings, and said the rule only applies to travelers on "company benefit travel."
- 'Orange Is The New Black' actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli officially tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴