1. Balotelli’s volley off a corner kick put Italy up 2-0, securing their spot in the knockout stage of Euro 2012.
Prior to this, Balotelli had had a pretty weird tournament. There were concerns Italy wouldn’t even bring the super-talented but incredibly weird striker to Euro, and his own fans supported him by wearing blackface after he threatened to murder anyone who made racist remarks at him.
2. Meanwhile, Spain secured their own spot as group winner with this finish of a perfect chip pass.
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 29.
- Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight."
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝