1. Balotelli’s volley off a corner kick put Italy up 2-0, securing their spot in the knockout stage of Euro 2012.
Prior to this, Balotelli had had a pretty weird tournament. There were concerns Italy wouldn’t even bring the super-talented but incredibly weird striker to Euro, and his own fans supported him by wearing blackface after he threatened to murder anyone who made racist remarks at him.
2. Meanwhile, Spain secured their own spot as group winner with this finish of a perfect chip pass.
- Speaking on Tuesday, German leader Angela Merkel said the UK can't expect to keep privileges once it leaves the EU.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸
- House Republicans have released an 800-page report on the 2012 Benghazi attacks that killed 4 Americans.