1. Balotelli’s volley off a corner kick put Italy up 2-0, securing their spot in the knockout stage of Euro 2012.
Prior to this, Balotelli had had a pretty weird tournament. There were concerns Italy wouldn’t even bring the super-talented but incredibly weird striker to Euro, and his own fans supported him by wearing blackface after he threatened to murder anyone who made racist remarks at him.
2. Meanwhile, Spain secured their own spot as group winner with this finish of a perfect chip pass.
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- President Barack Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good 🛀