2. The Los Angeles Times’ Mike Bresnahan reports that 79-year-old Lakers owner Jerry Buss succumbed to cancer today.
Lakers owner Jerry Buss passed away this morning. A sad day for L.A.— Mike Bresnahan
Buss has been battling cancer for the last few months, according to USA Today. Since buying the Lakers in 1979, Buss has been the most successful owner in the NBA, winning ten championships — or one about every three seasons — while establishing L.A. as one of the league’s highest-profile franchises.
4. After it was revealed that Buss was battling cancer, a host of famous Lakers voiced their love and support.
Dr. Buss is an important part of the Laker family so I hope his stay in the hospital is short and he has a speedy recovery. #Jerrybuss— Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Dr. Jerry Buss, thinking about u & wish I could be there, get well soon. I cant wait 2 see u on 4/2/13 #LoveYou #Lakers— SHAQ
6. And here’s Buss’ speech when he was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Thousands made it to the Women's March on Washington on Saturday to stand up for women's rights and protest Donald Trump.
- Crowds for the Women's March in Washington, DC, were much larger than for the inauguration.
- Surrounded by penguins, people all the way in Antarctica participated in the Women's March on Saturday ❄️
- "We shall overcomb." People across America got creative and made some pretty epic signs for the Women's March.