2. The Los Angeles Times’ Mike Bresnahan reports that 79-year-old Lakers owner Jerry Buss succumbed to cancer today.
Lakers owner Jerry Buss passed away this morning. A sad day for L.A.— Mike Bresnahan
Buss has been battling cancer for the last few months, according to USA Today. Since buying the Lakers in 1979, Buss has been the most successful owner in the NBA, winning ten championships — or one about every three seasons — while establishing L.A. as one of the league’s highest-profile franchises.
4. After it was revealed that Buss was battling cancer, a host of famous Lakers voiced their love and support.
Dr. Buss is an important part of the Laker family so I hope his stay in the hospital is short and he has a speedy recovery. #Jerrybuss— Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Dr. Jerry Buss, thinking about u & wish I could be there, get well soon. I cant wait 2 see u on 4/2/13 #LoveYou #Lakers— SHAQ
6. And here’s Buss’ speech when he was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging accident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar incidents.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️