2. The Los Angeles Times’ Mike Bresnahan reports that 79-year-old Lakers owner Jerry Buss succumbed to cancer today.
Lakers owner Jerry Buss passed away this morning. A sad day for L.A.— Mike Bresnahan
Buss has been battling cancer for the last few months, according to USA Today. Since buying the Lakers in 1979, Buss has been the most successful owner in the NBA, winning ten championships — or one about every three seasons — while establishing L.A. as one of the league’s highest-profile franchises.
4. After it was revealed that Buss was battling cancer, a host of famous Lakers voiced their love and support.
Dr. Buss is an important part of the Laker family so I hope his stay in the hospital is short and he has a speedy recovery. #Jerrybuss— Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Dr. Jerry Buss, thinking about u & wish I could be there, get well soon. I cant wait 2 see u on 4/2/13 #LoveYou #Lakers— SHAQ
6. And here’s Buss’ speech when he was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.