1. Jose Canseco tweeted this today:
If this is true, it wouldn’t be the first time Canseco’s been accused of violence against women. Both of his ex-wives claimed to have been victims of domestic abuse by Canseco, and he’s been involved in other violent episodes leading to criminal charges.
Canseco’s since deleted all four tweets. According to a spokesperson with the Clark County District Attorney’s office, no criminal charges against Canseco were in the system at this time. The spokesperson added that it was possible they would not yet be in the system if the charges were just filed.
6. After deleting those four tweets, he started tweeting again:
7. Then he published her phone number:
8. And started talking about polygraphs again.
District Attorney’s office spokesperson Tess Driver followed up: “From [his tweets], it sounds like Metro [Police] just went to his house to question him - so, they are probably just in the investigation stage at this point. He most certainly has not been formally charged (our office does that), nor does it appear that he’s been arrested by the police.”
Apparently not, as Canseco then tweeted that he is leaving the state.
13. There has also been a resulting groundswell to ban Canseco from Twitter for outing the woman who he claims accused him of rape.
REPORT @josecanseco to @twitter for posting name, pic & personal info of the woman who accused him of rape! https://t.co/8kM6zOXhSr
@scATX Please report here: https://t.co/wog0iKN8xo
Hey everyone, report Canseco here please >> @womensmediacntr @ShelbyKnox RT @DanaDanger: @scATX Please report here: https://t.co/4MxzfpMJSW
Only takes a moment: Report Canseco for tweeting name, address, and photo of the woman accusing him of rape. https://t.co/91lSmWYUov
You can report @JoseCanseco here: https://t.co/qje1rupz4J
Check back for updates.
- "I'm that guy that pollers missed:" Trump bros are coming out of the shadows after finding their "safe space."
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The US Commission on Civil Rights will visit the campsite where people have protested the Dakota Access Pipeline for months.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crash apples with their bare hands, and it's really something 🍎💪