1. Remember those Will Ferrell Old Milwaukee ads? Yeah, now they’ve got Jose Canseco. Not nearly as funny, but still kind of funny.
Of course Jose can’t get the beer open. Canseco’s spot hearkens back to the Kansas City Royals’ only World Series championship, in 1985. It also references steroids, of which Canseco took a bunch. And apparently, this ad only aired in Kansas City. Old Milwaukee, keep doing what you’re doing.
2. This one seems to be played pretty straight, though.
“Baseball was bigger than a few rotten apples. It’s back. Just like this little beer here, Old Milwaukee. It’s back. Baseball’s back. I’m back. Why not.”
3. Just because it’s funny: one of the Will Ferrell ads.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎