1. This is Jeff Withey. As you can see, he’s a giant. He’s also one of the best players on Kansas, which punched its ticket to the Sweet 16 yesterday with a 70-58 win over UNC.
2. Withey had a huge performance. First, he’s 7 feet tall, so he’s always huge. Second, he contributed across the basketball spectrum. He scored 16 points, including this monstrous slam.
3. Second, he had 16 rebounds, a massive part of why Kansas out-rebounded UNC by 17, and added 2 assists, one of which was this great find underneath.
4. Third, and most importantly, he BLOCKED SHOTS. This season, he led the nation in blocks, and he had five against UNC, including this one:
5. This one:
6. And this absolute beast, which saw him range out to the three-point line to block a jump shot. That’s Anthony Davis range.
7. The best part of that block? The reaction it provoked from these absolutely appalled UNC fans. STANK FACE.
8. Plus, Withey’s kind of handsome, right? Got dem bangs. Got dat stubble. Real deep eye sockets. MYSTERIOUS.
9. And next Friday, he’ll be taking on Michigan and star point guard Trey Burke, who at six feet tall is one of the country’s premier short guys. This game is a referendum: small vs. tall.
10. CHOOSE YOUR SIDE.
- More than 700 refugees and migrants are feared dead following three shipwrecks in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Donald Trump mused on America's energy future in a North Dakota speech and some of his vision makes little sense.
- Lawmakers have demanded crackdown on a California college that faked grades, skated by immigration authorities, and made a fortune, after a BuzzFeed News investigation.