1. This is DeShawn Stevenson. I’m not sure why he has a Band-Aid on his neck, below the customary neck tattoo of Abraham Lincoln’s face. (Do you guys NOT have one of those?)
2. DeShawn Stevenson is a pretty good three-point shooter on his career. And every time he hits a three, he does… this.
Stevenson does that because it’s supposed to represent him not being able to feel his face. He has literally been doing this for at least five years, as this Dan Steinberg exegesis from 2007 clearly indicates. The move remains just so completely weird. Stevenson’s a weird guy, after all — for at least part of last year, he had an ATM machine in his kitchen — so it’s not exactly a surprise, but the fact that he’s kept this whole thing going through four different teams — the Wizards, the Mavericks, the Nets, and the Hawks — is actually kind of impressive.
4. Check out the shot, the celebration, and the announcers’ bemused discussion here.
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- The White House tried to stop Congress from publicly blaming Russia for election-related cyberattacks, BuzzFeed News has learned.