1. During the fourth inning of Monday night’s Pirates-Cardinals game, a routine batter went up for a routine at-bat, not knowing — how could he? — what the ball had in its future.
2. As the ball rockets into the right-field stands, we see a Cardinals outfielder hustling, and a man — a man with a baseball glove the size of a Kodiak bear — waiting in the stands. Sure enough, that intrepid fan grabs it.
3. Seriously, look at that thing: it’s bigger than most propeller aircraft. I’m surprised the weight of it doesn’t knock him over.
4. Let’s see that again. That glove should be used to catch fugitives.
5. Imagine being this outfielder. “Hey, I have a chance at this! Hey, I — darn. I guess my glove wasn’t big enough.”
H/T to Tom Ley at Deadspin
- It's Day 2 of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Here's what you need to know🇺🇸
- Three Qaddafi henchmen who are wanted for embezzling millions from Libya have been found living comfortably in Britain.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a church attack that killed a priest in northern France on Tuesday.