1. With 20 seconds to go, Davidson, a 14-seed, led Marquette, a 3-seed, by four. Despite Marquette’s late three-point flurry, an upset looked all but certain after Nik Cochran hit two free throws.
2. But Marquette made it interesting by going down the court and hitting a tough three. They cut the lead to one, but there were 11 seconds left, and Davidson had the ball.
3. Then the unthinkable happened. Instead of waiting to get fouled, Davidson’s De’mon Brooks tried to throw the ball downcourt to a teammate and ended up turning it over. With 6.7 seconds left, Marquette had one final chance.
4. They took it. Vander Blue drove hard to the rim, hitting the layup and giving Marquette the lead with only a second to go. Davidson tried a long inbound pass, but it was intercepted. Marquette wins.
5. Down six with 1:10 to go, Marquette â€” 313th in the country in 3-point percentage â€” won with three huge threes and a key Davidson turnover. March Madness, indeed.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘