1. Austin Rehkow, a senior at Central Valley High School in Washington, kicked a 67-yard(!!!!) game-tying field goal last night
To put that in perspective: no kicker in the NFL has ever kicked a field goal longer than 63 yards, and that’s only happened three times. Rehkow outdid that by a full four yards. That is insane. Apparently, there have been three other kicks longer than 67 yards by high-school kickers, but none in over a decade. And although Rehkow doesn’t currently have any full scholarship offers, that could change after this.
3. Check it out: here’s where Central Valley lined up for the kick. They haven’t even crossed midfield yet.
4. And here’s the razor-thin margin by which he cleared the crossbar.
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀