1. Austin Rehkow, a senior at Central Valley High School in Washington, kicked a 67-yard(!!!!) game-tying field goal last night
To put that in perspective: no kicker in the NFL has ever kicked a field goal longer than 63 yards, and that’s only happened three times. Rehkow outdid that by a full four yards. That is insane. Apparently, there have been three other kicks longer than 67 yards by high-school kickers, but none in over a decade. And although Rehkow doesn’t currently have any full scholarship offers, that could change after this.
3. Check it out: here’s where Central Valley lined up for the kick. They haven’t even crossed midfield yet.
4. And here’s the razor-thin margin by which he cleared the crossbar.
- 11 U.S. states are suing the Obama administration for telling schools to let trans students use the bathroom of their choice.
- President Obama will become the first sitting U.S. president to visit Hiroshima since the atomic bomb was dropped there 71 years ago.
- Good news, Canadians: If you buy medical marijuana legally, you can now get same-day delivery right to your door in Toronto and Calgary 🍁