1. Austin Rehkow, a senior at Central Valley High School in Washington, kicked a 67-yard(!!!!) game-tying field goal last night
To put that in perspective: no kicker in the NFL has ever kicked a field goal longer than 63 yards, and that’s only happened three times. Rehkow outdid that by a full four yards. That is insane. Apparently, there have been three other kicks longer than 67 yards by high-school kickers, but none in over a decade. And although Rehkow doesn’t currently have any full scholarship offers, that could change after this.
3. Check it out: here’s where Central Valley lined up for the kick. They haven’t even crossed midfield yet.
4. And here’s the razor-thin margin by which he cleared the crossbar.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Should opioid users who've repeatedly overdosed be forced to get drug treatment? Some politicians say yes.
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭